Following on from my post The Putty Tunnel If you need to create an ssh tunnel on a browser that doesn’t have foxy proxy installed then here is an alternative way to do it. I favour Firefox but it should work similarly on less favourable browsers 🙂
Putty / Tutty
- Create an ssh session to CM
- select SSH / Tunnel
- In source port put a number i.e. 9080 click dynamci and add.
- Click Session and save to you CM connection
- Open and login to CM once at the command line leave it open.
- goto options / advance / network tab /settings
- change from no proxy to manual proxy
- add 127.0.0.1 and your port you created earlier i.e 9080 then click ok
** Remember ot go back in the options / advanced / network / settings and click no proxy and ok to disable it again for normal browsing when finished. **