*** Warning this will take the appropriate MAS out of service while it carries out the FEDB sync ***
You may want to make a backup copy of the fedb.mdb file which can be found in \\Avaya Modular Messaging\Vserver
If your MAS and Messaging Store databases get out of kilter with each other, then you may need to run an FEDB resync, the easiest way is to download the FEDB Resync tool to C://Avaya_Support/Tools and run it
Alternatively to run the it manually as it were navigate to the appropriate Regedit settings;
Exchange Messaging Store
- Navigate to the HKLM\Software\Octel\Geneva\Vups_UserProfileServiceMgr
- Edit the Value Peer Directory Servers
- For example: If the value is set as
- Change 48e33c0200000000 back to all zeros.
MSS Messaging Store
- Navigate to the key HKLM\Software\Octel\Geneva\Vups_UserProfileServiceMgr
- Edit the Value NodeSeqTable
- In the Data Value, enter 0,0;
- Edit the Value CosSeqNo
- In the Data Value, enter 0
Then stop and start the services in the event log you should see event 1030 indicating a full FEDB synchronisation has started. When the synchronisation has completed a 1027 event will be raised showing how many entries were created, updated etc.